Corelight is a cybersecurity startup in the network detection and response (NDR) market, based in downtown San Francisco and Columbus, OH. Our technology helps defend some of the world's most sensitive, mission-critical organizations and gives defenders a commanding view of their environment - so they can outsmart and outlast adversaries. Corelight's unfair market advantages include our unique architecture built on open source Zeek, as well as our founding team - which includes Zeek's inventor and its key open source committers. We aim to follow in the footsteps of successful open source security companies such as Sourcefire and Tenable, and help make the world's networks safer.
We are currently seeking a Director of Technical Alliances, reporting to Corelight’s Co-founder and Chief Strategy Officer. In this position, you will play a key role in developing and managing our technical alliance program, with the goal of driving successful, mutually beneficial relationships that benefit our customers.
- Develop and manage a highly focused technical alliance program with the aim of driving mutually beneficial relationships with key technical partners - including Splunk
- Drive results, with a focus on sales metrics and other targets that move the needle for Corelight and our partners
- Deeply understand the internal dynamics and incentives of partner companies, in order to help craft programs that are stickier and more compelling
- Collaborate productively with Corelight’s Sales, Marketing, Products, and Success organizations, and with external partners and stakeholders
- Wield ‘soft power’ skillfully and effectively
- Work cross-functionally with Product Marketing and Product Management to develop go-to-market strategies and execution plans
- Outstanding account management skills, with a record of exceeding revenue targets
- Track record of driving successful and mutually beneficial technical alliance programs
- Experience creating successful collaborations with Splunk, and ideally with other SIEM vendors
- Knowledge of the security sector, with a focus on SOC buyers and workflows
- Experience in the federal sector, and with large-deal dynamics, both desirable
- Player / coach mentality: willingness to follow up, document, and organize programs - not just strategize or convene
- Excellent business acumen, combined with the ability thrive in a fast-paced, data-centric work environment
- Commitment to low-ego results, curiosity, and delivering value to our customers
- Highly collegial working style
- Comfort with data, metrics, and and analytical approach to problem solving
- Ability to engage with and motivate individuals at all levels of partner relationships
- Versatile professional who can strategize and also eagerly execute
- Excellent spoken and written communication, interpersonal, relationship-building skills
- Ability to work both independently and with a team
- Willing and able to travel, once business travel is safe and feasible
- Broad-based business and technology expertise with 5+ years in either alliances, consulting, or sales - with a track record of driving successful business development activities
- Experience working with multiple Sales teams driving and building the partner ecosystem.
- Highly motivated and independent contributor.
- High energy, enthusiasm, and passion for the business.
- Business, Computer Science or Engineering Bachelor's degree
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is clear demonstration of skill, dedication, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We want you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we’re looking for.
Diversity of background and thought makes for better problem solving and more creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team.