Corelight is an early-stage security startup based in downtown San Francisco and Columbus, OH. We secure some of the most sensitive and mission-critical networks in the world, and our rapidly-growing customer base includes eight of the Fortune 50. Based on the Bro Network Security Monitor, a beloved and widely used open-source framework, Corelight Sensors transform high-volume network traffic into ‘rocket fuel’ for security analytics and operations. Following in the footsteps of successful open-source security companies such as Sourcefire, Corelight's unfair market advantages include its founders: the inventor of Bro and its key open-source committers. Join Corelight, and help us make the world's networks safer.
We are seeking a talented, resourceful, and collaborative Sales Development Representative to work remotely in our Sales Development Representative - UK / Middle East territory. This is an opportunity to get in early and grow a sales career with a world class team.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Prospect for new business opportunities within mid-market and enterprise accounts
- Conduct high level discover calls with the C-suite and VPs
- Become a cyber security expert and thought leader
- Collaborate closely with regional field team and marketing team to develop call campaigns
- Support sales effort by targeting and penetrating Commercial and Enterprise Accounts utilizing outbound prospecting skills. In addition, candidate will work to qualify inbound calls, chats, and emails to build quality sales pipeline
- Collaborate with channel partners to execute on go-to-market strategy
- Qualify leads and schedule meetings with Account Executives
- Utilize Salesforce and CRM platforms to ensure standard processes are followed during lead and opportunity qualification
- Ability to understand complex business environments and uncover customer issues while understanding business problems to identify opportunities
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment while still providing quality opportunities and driving revenue
- Maintain a thorough understanding of Corelight, Inc. value propositions, market differentiators and product offering
- Proven track record in high achievement and leadership skills
- Candidate needs to be self motivated and disciplined
- Interested in mentorship from Silicon Valley’s top sales professionals
- Demonstrate a passion to learn and grow
- Proficient communication and listening skills
- Experience selling network security products a plus, but not required
- Four-year degree from an accredited university required
- This role is ideal for graduates with 1-3 years sales experience
- Ability to understand technical concepts and enthusiasm for technology
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is clear demonstration of skill, dedication, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We want you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we’re looking for.
Diversity of background and thought makes for better problem solving and more creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team.