Corelight is a cybersecurity startup in the network detection and response (NDR) market, based in downtown San Francisco and Columbus, OH. Our technology helps defend some of the world's most sensitive, mission-critical organizations and gives defenders a commanding view of their environment - so they can outsmart and outlast adversaries. Corelight's unfair market advantages include our unique architecture built on open source Zeek, as well as our founding team - which includes Zeek's inventor and its key open source committers. We aim to follow in the footsteps of successful open source security companies such as Sourcefire and Tenable, and help make the world's networks safer.
We are currently seeking a Director of Sales to manage and drive sales efforts in the Western US territory. In this position, you will play a key role in managing our Eastern US sales team in order to generate and deliver on our Corelight offerings.
- Manage existing Corelight customers
- Sell to fortune 1000 companies
- Convert existing Zeek/Bro open source shops to Corelight enterprise sensor
- Acquire and manage new accounts within your region
- Conduct highly effective presentations to all levels in organizations
- Develop and execute sales strategies that maximize Corelight’s opportunities within customer environments
- Perform high level sales planning, leading to accurate forecasting of the business
- Build relationships with and sell through channel partners
- Some travel is required across the NorthEastern region with occasional travel to San Francisco headquarters
- BA/BS technical degree or equivalent
- Have track selling to fortune 1000 customers
- Multiple years of above quota sales experience
- Prior experience selling network infrastructure based security appliances that may include: Firewalls, SSL/IPSec VPNs, Security Proxies and Caches
- Practical knowledge of adjacent products and technologies relevant to Corelight’s Zeek/Bro data offerings.
- Self-motivated to deliver above sales goals
- Strong communication
- Strong presentation skills both internally and externally
- Sales experience with an actionable rolodex of decision makers
- Very strong organizational skills
- Experience working with Channel partners and understanding of a channel centric go to market approach as that part of the Corelight sales strategy evolves.
- Above average technical skills for a account executive
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is clear demonstration of skill, dedication, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We want you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we’re looking for.
Diversity of background and thought makes for better problem solving and more creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team.