Director, People Operations
Corelight is a cybersecurity startup in the network detection and response (NDR) market, based in downtown San Francisco and Columbus, OH. Our technology helps defend some of the world's most sensitive, mission-critical organizations and gives defenders a commanding view of their environment - so they can outsmart and outlast adversaries. Corelight's unfair market advantages include our unique architecture built on open source Zeek, as well as our founding team - which includes Zeek's inventor and its key open source committers. We aim to follow in the footsteps of successful open source security companies such as Sourcefire and Tenable, and help make the world's networks safer.
We have an exceptional opportunity for a strategic, yet hands on people leader for our growing company and the People Operations team! We are heading into another high growth phase and looking for a leader to execute our strategy for scaling - guiding the team, optimizing systems, refining processes, and inspiring employees, all to directly enable growth.
More specifically, you will work closely with the VP of People in this generalist role to lead an expansive range of day-to-day core HR efforts that includes systems, benefits, onboarding, reporting, compliance, immigration, culture, events, engagement, employee relations, and performance management. As the primary go-to person for all things HR, you will be highly visible to Corelighters across the team, around the globe. You will also be an essential partner to leaders across the organization.
What you'll do
You'll apply a forward-thinking approach to ensuring our people programs remain a competitive differentiator. Some primary things you’ll be accountable for:
- Partnering with the VP of People and other leaders, execute Corelight’s organizational strategy for doubling the size of the company in the next 12-18 months and ensuring the infrastructure is in place to double again.
- Lead the day-to-day activities of all core people programs, systems and processes to ensure we deliver the ultimate employee experience.
- Evolve our processes and systems with an eye for automation, optimization and scaling - we are growing fast!
- Play a key role in nurturing and evolving our remarkable culture of openness, service, results and curiosity.
- Advocate for diversity, equity and inclusion; play a primary role in sustaining a supportive and inclusive work environment that fosters belonging.
- Bring employee programs to life so our team thoroughly enjoys doing their best work while benefiting from inspiring events, uplifting opportunities to contribute, and meaningful celebrations.
- Help educate managers and other employees on our various programs, benefits, career structures, compliance needs, policies, etc.
- On the more tactical front, manage our key vendors, budgets, conduct research on new programs, lead annual performance review cycles and benefits strategy/open enrollment.
- Manage, support and mentor our small but mighty People Operations team.
- Backup the VP of People on key communications, presentations and meetings as needed.
The skills, experience and attributes we are looking for include
- An entrepreneurial spirit, strategic thinker and brand ambassador
- A genuine love of building high growth, start up organizations (we have a great foundation in place, but a lot more building ahead of us!)
- An experienced leader (5 years+) with deep domain expertise across all/most of HR related disciplines and relevant employment law.
- An engaged and empathetic leader who effectively balances the needs of the business with those of our team, finding the best solutions and outcomes.
- International expansion and onboarding experience.
- A passion for systems, data and reporting.
- A style and approach that is proactive, thoughtful, empathetic, organized and inspired by action.
- A strategic thinker who has the ability to influence across the organization.
- Experience leading, developing and managing a team in the HR space.
- Proven ability to influence and drive change, aligning people strategy with business objectives.
- A progressive mindset; you are innovative, passionate and entrepreneurial.
- A tech savvy people leader who has demonstrated success with a variety of systems, including but not limited to HRIS, ATS, LMS, compensation market data systems, engagement, and performance management systems.
- Experience with Paylocity configuration a plus.
- Advanced written communication skills and comfort with public speaking, including the ability to synthesize ideas and present them in a poised and polished manner.
- Excellent judgment, business instincts and the ability to make informed decisions independently.
- Analytical mindset - goals and metrics are key to driving organizational success.
- 5+ years combined experience in the HR/People space, with a broad range of exposure to HR, People Operations, Strategy, and Talent.
- Bachelor’s degree
- SHRM SCP or SPHR certification preferred
- Advanced degree is a plus
If you are drawn to the rush of a high growth company and all the rewards and challenges that come with it, Corelight just might be the place for you! It’s such an exciting time at Corelight and for the right person, this promises to be a career defining opportunity. And if all that isn’t enough, once you learn about our distinctive culture, you’ll totally want to join us!
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is clear demonstration of skill, dedication, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We want you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we’re looking for.
Diversity of background and thought makes for better problem solving and more creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team.