Corelight is an early-stage security startup based in downtown San Francisco and Columbus, OH. We secure some of the most sensitive and mission-critical networks in the world, and our rapidly-growing customer base includes eight of the Fortune 50. Based on the Zeek (formerly Bro) Network Security Monitor, a beloved and widely used open-source framework,
Corelight Sensors transform high-volume network traffic into “rocket fuel” for security analytics and operations. Following in the footsteps of successful open-source security companies such as Sourcefire and Tenable, Corelight’s “unfair market advantages” include its founders: the inventor of Zeek and its key open-source developers. Join Corelight, and help us make the world’s networks safer.
- Work side-by-side, in a truly collaborative manner, with the Chief Scientist, engineering, products, and executive leadership teams to commercialize world class network security solutions.
- In partnership with the Chief Scientist, scale and evolve a strong, world class research team.
- Build a strong team identity and culture with emphasis on openness, collaboration, and measurable impact.
- Focus on hiring top research talent.
- Manage research engineers (“care and feeding”: administrative management, career goals, mentorship).
- In partnership with the Chief Scientist, manage technical roadmap, track progress, identify and resolve any blocking issues.
- Be accountable for research roadmap, execution, and deliverables.
- Develop deep technical expertise, propagate that via presentations, blog posts, other media.
- Actively participate in technical work: design discussions, analysis, reviews.
- In partnership with Engineering, continue to evolve our products to improve their effectiveness in production.
- Learn about current management and technical transition processes, identify areas for improvement, and evolve current processes.
- Establish transparent processes for managing and prioritizing incoming requests from various stake-holders (executive, engineering, sales, marketing, product management).
- Extensive experience with enterprise security challenges
- Extensive experience in conducting security research and/or working with such researchers
- Demonstrated leadership growing and managing teams of highly technical contributors
- Excellent execution energy
- Strong interpersonal, collaborative, and communications skills
- Ability to tackle large scale problems
- Effective organizational skills, both for yourself and for the team while working with many people in a fast-paced environment.
A note on experience
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of dedication, impact, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We want you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we’re looking for.
We also know that diversity of background and thought makes for better problem solving and more creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team.
Working at Corelight
In addition to helping to make networks safer around the world, Corelight is a great place to work. We provide competitive salaries, equity and benefits, but those are just table stakes. No matter where you're based, we aspire to make working here one the best experiences of your career.