Corelight is a cybersecurity startup in the network detection and response (NDR) market, based in downtown San Francisco and Columbus, OH. Our technology helps defend some of the world's most sensitive, mission-critical organizations and gives defenders a commanding view of their environment - so they can outsmart and outlast adversaries. Corelight's unfair market advantages include our unique architecture built on open source Zeek, as well as our our founding team - which includes Zeek's inventor and its key open source committers. We aim to follow in the footsteps of successful open source security companies such as Sourcefire and Tenable, and help make the world's networks safer.
Corelight is seeking a highly-motivated, inherently curious individual to join our team as a Pre-Sales Security Engineer for our Federal Team. In this role you will be promoting security, developing presentations, account plans, and responding to RFI/RFPs. You will use your technical aptitude and business acumen to develop solutions that address customer problems while establishing trust. An ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about security, thrives when they solve customer problems, listens well, and has start-up DNA.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Be a subject matter expert for Corelight solutions
- Act as a trusted advisor providing security technical expertise
- Develop sales presentations, solution designs, and demonstrations that articulate the technical differentiators and business value of Corelight solutions
- Develop and execute customer proof-of-concepts that address customer needs in a clear concise manner
- Design technical solutions that can solve customer business problems
- Keep abreast of the current security landscape (for example: current vulnerabilities, exploits, trends)
- Explore competitive and complementary solutions
- Participate in the development and support of content (for example: presentations, whitepapers, blogs, webinars, and use cases)
- Foster a collaborative, team-based environment, sharing best practices, success and building lasting relationships.
- Create and develop strong technical relationships with channel partners
- Remove technology-related buying objections from the sales opportunities
- Track customer engagements using Salesforce
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Expert written and oral communication skills
- Expert presentation skills
- Strong knowledge in networking (for example: experience analyzing packet captures)
- Deep understanding of information security
- Experience with network security monitoring, incident response, or blue team concepts (for example: GCMC, GNFA)
- Pentest or red team experience (for example: CEH, OSCP)
- Experience designing/implementing cloud-based security solutions (for example: AWS/AzureGCP traffic mirroring, flow logs, identity management)
- Good understanding of general SOC security processes and methodologies
- Solid understanding network, endpoint, cloud and SIEM technologies used to threat hunt
- Familiarity with programming or scripting
- Familiarity with virtualization technologies
- 8+ years related industry experience
- 4+ year pre-sales experience
- Certifications such as CISSP are a plus
- BS/BA or equivalent work experience
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is clear demonstration of skill, dedication, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We want you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we’re looking for.
Diversity of background and thought makes for better problem solving and more creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team.