You will be leading our Platform Services team. This team is responsible for developing and supporting the core Platform Services for our Corelight family of physical and virtual appliances. This role will require an experienced, hands-on, detail oriented, and low ego engineering leader. The right candidate will be self-driven, motivated and want to work with a level of autonomy in the organization.You will report to the Sr Director of Engineering, Sensor.
- Lead and mentor the engineering teams responsible for Corelight’s virtual and physical sensors.
- Lead development process for the Platform Services team, including sprint planning and retrospectives, code-reviews, code style guidelines and mentoring team members.
- Have regular one on one meetings with direct reports, grow their skillsets, and motivate them to excel in their careers.
- Spearhead the migration of our platform to its next generation.
- Work with other engineering teams to coordinate work, identify dependencies, and track deliverables.
- Implement and test new features using modern techniques and best practices.
- Develop and cultivate a devops style of development, where engineers are expected to develop, test, and support their software (with assistance from Quality Engineering and Customer Support).
- Collaborate with our product and design teams to develop and launch attractive solutions for novel functionality.
- Partner with our platform and QA teams to improve architecture and ensure quality and responsiveness of applications.*
- Strong appreciation and support for our core values: low ego results, tireless service, and applied curiosity.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of software development on Unix-style platforms
- A demonstrated history of creating, leading, and scaling Engineering teams
- Deep understanding of networking and/or cyber-security
- Deep understanding of hardware/virtual appliance architecture.
- Deep and practical understanding of agile software development best practices.
- Deep understanding of scalable configuration management architectures and practices.
- Deep understanding for managing a production focussed, enterprise software engineering team and all that entails.
- Experience programming in at least one popular systems-oriented programming language (such as Python, Go, C, or C++)
- Experience with cloud native technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Experience implementing microservices and RESTful APIs
- Experience developing packages and infrastructure for Linux distributions
- Experience developing for cloud environments and containers
- Extensive knowledge of network protocols and network security
- Strong desire to have fun and be part of a winning team!
A note on experience
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of dedication, impact, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We want you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we’re looking for.
We also know that diversity of background and thought makes for better problem solving and more creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team.
Working at Corelight
In addition to helping to make networks safer around the world, Corelight is a great place to work. We provide competitive salaries, equity and benefits, but those are just table stakes. No matter where you're based, we aspire to make working here one the best experiences of your career.