Corelight is an early-stage cybersecurity startup based in downtown San Francisco, with offices in Columbus, OH and Santa Clara, CA. We secure some of the most sensitive and mission-critical networks in the world, and our rapidly-growing customer base includes eight of the Fortune 50. We help our customers know their networks better than anyone else, delivering insight that dramatically shifts the way that SOCs react to, and defend against, attacks. Corelight provides vital assistance at every phase, from alert to response and beyond, through rich, structured, pivotable data.
Our culture is open and accepting. We incorporate data, ideas, and evidence from anywhere, and use them to drive success. We take thoughtful risks and build on each other’s work to uncover the best ideas. We serve our customers, the open-source community, and each other.
The Technical Account Manager (TAM) position at Corelight is part of the Customer Success organization. As a TAM you will be a strategic partner to our customers and help drive adoption of Corelight products. In addition to delivering post-sales assistance to strategic opportunities, the TAM will advocate for customers and provide feedback and customer requirements to Engineering, Product Management, and the Sales Organization. The relationships you develop with your customers will allow you to understand their needs and challenges, and ensure they continue to receive the greatest value from Corelight’s products.
- Establish and drive key technical/executive relationships with strategic customers.
- Assist the sales teams in delivering an ongoing confirmation of the value Corelight products deliver to your customers.
- Work closely with customers on implementing new features and delivering additional value utilizing currently available Zeek packages and developing custom scripts when required.
- Be an advocate for customers, and coordinate across multiple teams (Sales, Engineering, Product Management, etc.) to maintain customer momentum, and ensure the best possible experience
- Manage post-sales relationships with customers and partners to drive successful adoption of Corelight products and services.
- Guide customers and drive achievement of key milestones around implementation and adoption of new features.
- Provide best practices and accelerated support for Corelight solutions.
- Develop best practice recommendations for partners based on the experience gained from customer engagements.
- Work closely with Product Management and Engineering to understand current features and limitations, and assist in prioritizing product requirements by communicating customer needs and impact.
- Perform hands on troubleshooting, configuration and demonstration of Corelight products.
- Documenting the communication you have with the customer into our ClientSuccess platform.
- Ability to translate technology details and company business need to diverse audiences.
- Subject matter expertise in security, Zeek related products and markets (Splunk, ELK, etc.).
- At least 7 years’ experience in a hands on technical role (troubleshooting, system administration, networking, security, etc.).
- Excellent business writing and presentation skills.
- Able and willing to travel, including internationally.
- Work odd hours, and be very available, especially for post-sales support.
- BS/BA or equivalent in relevant field (CS, EE, MIS)
- Must have a strong understanding of network security, incident response, and threat hunting.
- Must have strong networking experience.
- Expert application and application protocol experience (SMB, HTTP, TLS/SSL, DNS, etc.).
- Experience with packet traces and utilities (tcpdump, wireshark, etc.).
- Any professional or expert level security certification (CISSP, CISM, GIAC, etc.) a plus.
A note on experience
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of dedication, impact, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We want you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we’re looking for.
We also know that diversity of background and thought makes for better problem solving and more creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team.
Working at Corelight
In addition to helping to make networks safer around the world, Corelight is a great place to work. We provide competitive salaries, equity and benefits, but those are just table stakes. No matter where you're based, we aspire to make working here one the best experiences of your career.