Corelight is an early-stage security startup based in downtown San Francisco and Columbus, OH. We secure some of the most sensitive and mission-critical networks in the world, and our rapidly-growing customer base includes eight of the Fortune 50. Based on the Zeek Network Security Monitor, a beloved and widely used open-source framework, Corelight Sensors transform high-volume network traffic into ‘rocket fuel’ for security analytics and operations. Following in the footsteps of successful open-source security companies such as Sourcefire, Corelight's unfair market advantages include its founders: the inventor of Zeek/Bro and its key open-source committers. Join Corelight, and help us make the world's networks safer.
We are currently seeking a Federal Sales Account Manager working with various Civilian agencies, and related entities to build opportunity and drive sales into an expanding territory.
- Develop and execute a sales strategy (Business Plan) to find and develop opportunities for Corelight’s technology across Agencies and Contractors.
- Build a strong pipeline and close Corelight business
- Convert existing Zeek/Bro open source users to Corelight products
- Conduct highly effective presentations to all levels of the IT Security teams in these agencies.
- Accurate forecasting of the business using SF.COM as a critical sales tool
- Build relationships with and sell through channel partners and Federal System Integrators (FSI’s)
- Manage existing Corelight customers so the ARR SW license is renewed and additional revenue is developed.
- Occasional travel to San Francisco headquarters
- BA/BS technical degree or equivalent
- History of successfully working with early stage technologies
- 5-10 years track track record working with key FSI’s, VAR’s and distributors to successfully building a strong opportunity pipeline.
- Multiple years of above quota sales experience
- Good presentation skills, the ability to problem solve and quickly understand how to penetrate key accounts who have security initiatives
- Prior experience selling network infrastructure based security appliances or Security Software products that may include: Firewalls, SSL/IPSec VPNs, Security Proxies. IPS/IDS, Packet Capture technology along with an understanding of SIEM solutions
- Practical knowledge of adjacent products and technologies relevant to Corelight’s Zeek/Bro data offerings.
- Strong presentation skills both internally and externally
- Sales experience with a network of security contacts in the key organizations.
- Very strong organizational skills
- Above average technical skills for a account executive
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is clear demonstration of skill, dedication, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We want you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we’re looking for.
Diversity of background and thought makes for better problem solving and more creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team.