Corelight is an early-stage cybersecurity startup based in downtown San Francisco, with offices in Columbus, OH and Santa Clara, CA. We secure some of the most sensitive and mission-critical networks in the world, and our rapidly-growing customer base includes eight of the Fortune 50. We help our customers know their networks better than anyone else, delivering insight that dramatically shifts the way that SOCs react to, and defend against, attacks. Corelight provides vital assistance at every phase, from alert to response and beyond, through rich, structured, pivotable data.
Our culture is open and accepting. We incorporate data, ideas, and evidence from anywhere, and use them to drive success. We take thoughtful risks and build on each other’s work to uncover the best ideas. We serve our customers, the open-source community, and each other.
We’re looking for a website leader at our fast-paced, high-growth company. This role combines leadership and hands-on responsibilities.
In addition to overall site responsibility and its associated infrastructure, you’ll be the liaison for website-related projects for marketing, product, engineering, HR, finance, operations, and any other groups within the company who have a vested interest in the website. Extensive web technical expertise including prior experience managing an enterprise website is required.
The Corelight.com website, including:
Site strategy responsibilities:
- Leading the website vision
- Researching and synthesizing business and user needs
- Developing strategies to accelerate customer journeys, lead generation, and event registration that are based on analytics and data
- Implementing testing and measurement plans (A/B, multivariate, ABM) with weekly dashboard reporting
- Partnering with SEO vendor to structure and enforce search and ranking best practices
- Architecting site content strategy to evolve with market/customer needs and product landscape
- Managing the website toolset and recommending additions or changes to improve efficiency and effectiveness and managing future resource needs to accommodate company growth
Team management responsibilities:
- Daily coordination and organization of the web team and external vendors to ensure all members are equipped with the information needed for success
- Specifying and managing new site projects, drafting technical requirements and project briefs, driving stakeholder and team agreement
- Keeping projects on schedule by managing workflow and deliverables from other departments and the web team
- Running meetings and setting team schedules using Jira and Sprint methodology
- Coordinating development schedules with Corelight’s Web Development Manager
Content and UX responsibilities:
- Identifying new areas for content development
- Driving and advising on user experience strategies
- Outlining content strategy and wireframe requirements and directing copy and design development
- Assessing designs to ensure they’re on strategy and on brand
- Evaluating functional requirements and providing technical specifications to the development team
- Leading technical implementation decisions related to the platform, with input from Web Development Manager and back-end developers
- Establishing pattern library for rapid component reuse
- As needed, assisting with hands-on front end development of modules and pages
- Establishing best practices and system for a new QA process and enforcing impeccable QA standards
- HubSpot knowledge required
- Managing regular site reviews to ensure good site hygiene: All content is up-to-date, all functions are up, technologies are up-to-date, best practices and tools are in use
Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of responsibility for an enterprise website
- 7+ years of technical program management or equivalent expertise in a professional environment
- 2+ years experience working across departments to coordinate C-level, practitioner, technical and non-technical counterparts
- HTML/CSS, Vue or React, HubSpot hands-on expertise
- Proficient in Sketch, InVision
- Good sense of design, UI, UX for enterprise websites
- Full stack knowledge and experience across a range of functions in web development
- Experienced in Agile, sprint cycles
- Proficient in Jira
- Data driven, experienced with analytics, SEO best practices, and marketing automation tools and capabilities
- Proven abilities in metrics creation and project management, attention to details , and exceptional organizational skills
A note on experience
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of dedication, impact, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We want you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we’re looking for.
We also know that diversity of background and thought makes for better problem solving and more creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team.
Working at Corelight
In addition to helping to make networks safer around the world, Corelight is a great place to work. We provide competitive salaries, equity and benefits, but those are just table stakes. No matter where you're based, we aspire to make working here one the best experiences of your career.